- Structural Mechanics for Hydro-Engineers
- Structural Dynamics for Transport Structural Facilities Engineers
- Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures
- Dynamics of Structures & Seismic Analysis (in English language)
- Dynamics of Structures & Seismic Analysis (in Bulgarian language)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eng. Alexander Taushanov
Faculty of Structural Engineering, Department Structural Mechanics
|Office Room||B 437|
Monday from 15 h.
29 March (Wed) from 14:30 h.
05 April (Wed) from 15:15 h.----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exam dates during 2017
--.--.(---) 10h., room ---
--.--.(---) 10h., room ---
Please look also at BG section!
If you need additional appointment,
please write an e-mail
|Birth Place and Date||Sofia 1971|
2008 - PhD Engineer in “Structural Mechanics, Strength of Materials”
education-qualification degree – Doctor of Philosophy
thesis - Evaluation the Influence of the Damping on the Behavior of Mass Systems Under Dynamic Loading
director of studies - prof. Zdravko Bonev
1999 - Tempus Student in City University (London)
professional qualification - Civil Engineer
education-qualification degree – Master of Science
speciality – Construction of Buildings and Structures
thesis - Structural Response of Floors under Fire
director of studies - prof. Kuldeep Virdi
1994 - Higher Education, Higher Institute of Architecture and Construction – Sofia
qualification – Civil Engineer in Industrial and Housing Construction
education degree – Master (in accordance with Art. 6 of the Higher Education Act this diploma entitles him with the rights of completed educational degree of “Master of Science”)
speciality – Industrial and Housing Construction – Structures
1989 - Programmer (High School for Mathematics & Informatics, Sofia)
professional qualification – programmer
Bulgarian - native
English - excellent written and spoken
Structural dynamics - experimental methods for determination of dynamical properties. Techniques for identification of parameters from measured operational response. Evaluation the damping and its influence of the behavior of dynamic systems.
2006 - Bauhaus Universitat Weimar, Germany – Advanced Studies in Structural Engineering and Computer-Aided Engineering
2003 - Istanbul Technical University, Turkey - Training Program on Earthquake Engineering
2000 - member of International Council for Building (CIB is the acronym of the abbreviated former French name: "Conseil International du Batiment") www.cibworld.nl/taushanov
2008 - member of the Chamber of Engineers in the Investment Planning (Sofia-town) with full legal project capacity kiip.bg/taushanov
Participation in Research Projects
Participation in research projects sponsored by Ministry of Science - 2006, 2008 and 2012.
Participation in Design Projects
1996 - Design works and structure engineering calculations for high level residential building with 588 dwellings in Julеbino Area of Мosсow.
1997 - Design works and static calculations for structures for residential complex of 170 dwellings (area of residences - from 150 to 230 m2) and associated public service buildings and utilities in Ekaterinburg.
1997 - Roof steel structure for the new cover fruits & vegetable market in Botevgrad.
1998 - Bridge over Bistritsa River near Kribul village.
1999 - Bridge over Maritsa River in the vicinity of Kostenetz – new by-pass alignment of Road II-82 for TIR vehicles via Momin Prohod.
2000 - Large scale of bridge overpass at interchange "Alexander Malinov" (Mladost) Blvd. / Southern by-pass of Sofia – overall static and dynamic analysis and detailed design.
2001 - Reconstruction and strengthening of the whole existing structure of Temple / Church Jesus Christ Resurrection – Krasna Poliana District / Sofia.
Oct 2008 - Nov 2010 Transit Roads Project LOT 9 : Road II-64 "Banya - Motorway Trakia" from km 9+611 to km 49+338 - Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Works. Total length 39.727 km
Oct 2009 - Sep 2012 LOT 4 : Rehabilitation of a Section from Road I-6 "Sofia - Pirdop"
Mar 2010 - Aug 2012 Rehabilitation of Road III-183 "Gotse Delchev – Pirin"
The list is not full.
Participation in International Projects
1997-98 – City University, London – Joint European Project
2016 - Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the University
2013 - Assoc. Prof. in the Department of “Structural Mechanics”
2012 - Member of the Faculty Board of the Faculty of Structural Engineering
2008 - PhD Lecturer in the Department of “Structural Mechanics”
2005 - PhD Student in the Department of “Structural Mechanics”
2003 - Chief Assistant Professor MSc in the Department of "Structural Mechanics"
2000 - Senior Assistant Professor MSc in the Department of "Structural Mechanics"
1997 - Assistant Professor MSc in the Department of "Structural Mechanics"
Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures, Dynamics of Structures, Seismic Analysis, Pushover Analysis, Fire Engineering
Other Posts and Activities
1996 - structural engineering designer in a big engineering company
1991 – University of Delaware – Bulgaria Coalition for Management Training, Economics and English Language Education - Training Program on Business English
- Markov I., A. Taushanov - Geometric Stiffness Matrix for Clamped-Hinged Beam Element Considering Shear Strains, Stroitelstvo, Vol.6, 1998.(in bulgarian language)
- Vaysilov I., A. Taushanov – Response of Building to Earthquake - Special Features of the Modeling using Modern Software, International Scientific Conference “Technologies, Safety and Ecology”, Land Force Academy ”Vassil Levski”, Veliko Turnovo, 21-22 June 2001 (in Bulgarian language).
- Taushanov A. – Improved Equation of Free Vibration of Single Degree of Freedom Damped Mass Systems, International Conference VSU’2002, Volume 1, May, 2002.
- Taushanov A. – Improved Equation of Motion of a Damped Mass Systems in Case of Harmonic Excitation, Jubilee Scientific Conference “60 Years University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy”, Sofia, Volume 6, November, 2002.
- Partov D., C. Christov, V. Kantchev, D. Dinev, A. Taushanov, E. Popova, D. Mitev - State of Art of Historic Structures in Bulgaria, Advanced Research Initiation Assisting and Developing Networks in Europe, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, 20 – 26 May 2002
- Taushanov A., Dynamic Study of Mass Systems Considering Energy Dissipation, Roads Magazine, vol.1, 2002. (in bulgarian language)
- Schanz T., Z. Bonev, A. Taushanov, R. Iankov, A Study of Soil-Foundation-Structure Interaction Effects on the Seismic Behaviour of Plane Structures, Jubilee Scientific Conference “65 Years University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy”, Sofia, 2007.
- Taushanov A., Evaluation the Influence of the Damping on the Behavior of Mass Systems under Dynamic Loading, Sofia, 2007.
- Z. Bonev, D. Blagov, A. Taushanov, Analysis Concepts for Seismic Resistant Design of Structures, Annual of the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Sofia, 2008-2009.
- Taushanov A. , C. Giarma - Concrete Deterioration: Specification and Assessment, COST Action C25 "Sustainability of Constructions", Volume 2 "Sustainability of Constructions: Integrated Approach to Life-time Structural Engineering" pp.179-191, University of Malta, February, 2011.
- Taushanov A. - Definition of the Influence Vector in Earthquake Analysis, International Jubilee Conference UACEG2012: Science & Practice, University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Sofia, 2012.
- Markov I., A. Taushanov - Geometric Stiffness Matrix for Plane Frame Finite Element with Semi-Rigid Connections, International Jubilee Conference UACEG2012: Science & Practice, University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Sofia, 2012. (in bulgarian language)
The list is not full
book: Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures - Response Spectrum Analysis, Sofia, 2006.
Zdravko Bonev, Alexander Taushanov
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eng. Zdravko Bonev Petkov, Chief Assist. Eng. Alexander Kostadinov Taushanov
Coursework ans assignments