Home / About the University / History


The University was founded in 1942 as a Higher Technical School. In 1945 it was transformed into a State Polytechnic. In 1953 the Polytechnic was divided into several institutes one of them being the Institute of Civil Engineering, which was renamed to Higher Institute of Civil Engineering in 1963 and to Higher Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering in 1977. In 1990 by decision of its General Assembly the Institute was renamed to University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy (UACEG), the official accreditation being voted by the Parliament on the 21st of July 1995.