Admission of applicants - from non EU member and EEA countries under Art. 95, Para 6 of the Higher Education Act – for study in the preparatory course is done on the basis of the average grade of the secondary education not lower than 62% of the maximum grade in accordance to the grading system in the country.
Admission of applicants - from EU member and EEA countries - according to the rules applicable for Bulgarian applicants - the application procedures, terms and conditions for Bulgarians are valid after successful preparatory course.
For foreign citizens with dual (Bulgarian and foreign) nationality the application procedures, terms and conditions for Bulgarians are valid.
Students with dual nationality, one of which is Bulgarian pay 50 % of the fixed tuition fee for foreigners, when they apply and are admitted under the conditions and procedures, specified for international students.
In accordance with Decrees of the Council of Ministers (Regulation No103/1993 and Regulation No228/ 1997) - the selected applicants are introduced by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science.
1. Application form with a brief C.V. stating the desired specialty to be pursued;
2. Photocopy of the diploma for completed secondary education - for applicants who want to pursue a full course of studies;
3. Transcript of Records - for applicants who want to pursue part of the course of studies;
4. Medical certificate issued within 1 month before the date of application by the respective authorities in the country of origin;
5. Two recent photographs of the applicant (4 / 6 cm).
Documents No. 2, 3 and 4 must be translated to Bulgarian and must bear a legalization by the consular office of the Bulgarian Embassy in the country where they have been issued. If there is no Bulgarian Embassy in the country, the documents should be legalized under the general terms and conditions for legalization and translation of documents.
Application documents are submitted in one of the following ways:
- Personally, at the office of the Department for Academic Affairs, Inspector of International Students, UACEG, room R-223;
- By registered letter to the following address: UACEG, Department for Academic Affairs, Inspector of International Students, 1 “Hristo Smirnenski” Blvd., 1046 Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Dean of the Faculty determines the year/semester, for those applicants with a partial course of study, on the basis of the information from the presented transcript of records.
Diploma of applicants from EU member countries should be legalized in Bulgarian Ministry of Education after admission of applicants in the preparatory year.
Before starting their specialized training, the newly enrolled foreign students attend a Preparatory year (ten months) in Bulgarian language or in English language.
(Academic curriculum is given below)
Those who complete successfully this preparatory stage receive CERTIFICATES, which enable them to pursue their further studies.